**Puppies usually have more 'Tears' around teething time**
1. Give Filtered/Bottled/cooled boiled water to drink (instead of tap water)
2. Feed a good quality Dog food ... (some wet dog foods can cause staining)
3. Add a teaspoon of Natural Live Bio Yoghurt to each meal.
4. Clean face/eyes at least once a day with non perfumed wipes
5. Stainless steel/Ceramic bowls are best (no plastic)
6. Add Apple Cider Vinegar to food or water (see link on miscellaneous page)
7. Herbal pet Supplies :https://www.facebook.com/groups/370396733030723/?fref=ts
EPIPTHOREA EYE CREAM - to unblock lower ducts that cause tear staining, to encourage upper lid to produce tears if suffering from dry eyes, to releive symptons of cherry eye, also can be used to apply to the tear stains, massage into stain every day, a good all round cream to sooth eye problems £15 for a 150ml , 250ml £22
8. Dog's Stuff Kleen Face9. Spa Lavish Blueberry Facial Scrub for Dogs
This mild yet concentrated, lightly foaming facial cleanser soothes and balances. It has natural exfoliating activity and is slightly hydrating. The refreshing blend of vanilla and blueberry effectively removes dirt and tear stains, and will not sting eyes. Great for all skin types and pets of all ages.
9. Eye Envy
10. Coconut Oil - not all coconut oil is the same. to obtain best results, it needs to be USDA-organic 100% virgin coconut oil. There are a few different brands out available, however some use the Cocotherapy brand.
12. A Veterinary Guide to Tear Stains (www.leospetcare.com)
Angel Eyes (an antibiotic, use as last resort)
If the dog is not a show dog being actively shown, it is not recommended to use antibiotics to keep it tear stain free. Long term antibiotic use is not dangerous per se, but if given in too small of doses to kill bacteria, it can create bacteria that is resistant to that antibiotic. It also will affect intenstinal flora and good bacteria, therefore you can get digestive upsets. If you are going to use it, I would recommend a probiotic to help keep the gut colonized with good bacteria as well. If you want other options without antibiotics, there are some out there, from topicals applied daily, and some people have had success with adding apple cider vinegar to water.